2014 saw a fantastic first collaborative campaign for LGBT History Month in York, with 10 organisers producing 20 events. The 2015 campaign was an even greater success, with 35 events from over 20 organisers! Next year we’re going to be part of the Second National Festival of LGBT History as the Yorkshire hub, but we also want to expand our local programme even further! Could you be a part of this?
The national theme for next year is religion, belief and philosophy, but don’t be discouraged from putting on events completely outside of that domain! For inspiration, see the 2015 campaign archival post (linked above) and also our events area.
If you’d like to put on an event, here’s what we need from you by Friday 4 December:
- start time
- end time
- accessibility (baby changing; BSL/English interpretation; gender-neutral toilets; hearing loop; wheelchair access)
- description (maximum 500 characters, with spaces)
- tickets (cost, if any, and how to get them)
- contact name
- contact email*
- contact phone*
- website/page for more information
* By default we will include both your email and phone number in the programme to make it easy for people to contact you. If you do not want one of these listing, please let us know.
Please submit your events using our online form. If you have trouble using the form, you can email us the details instead.
We encourage you to get in contact before setting a time and date – if we can minimise clashes, we can enable people to make the most of the month and maximise attendance at each event! For now, please avoid the daytime on Saturday 6 February and the evenings of Thursday 25 and Friday 26 February.
Unsure about an idea for an event? No matter how big or small, quirky or conventional, we’d love to hear your ideas and are happy to act as a sounding board, provide advice and point you in the right direction as much as we can.
A final note: if you have any photos from this year’s events, we’d be grateful to receive them!