Are you passionate about LGBT equality? Would you like to volunteer with a local charity and help us coordinate a fabulous programme of events for York LGBT History Month 2018?
We’d like to invite you to join the York LGBT History Month committee! The level of involvement is flexible, but we meet roughly once a month, with a greater concentration of activity in the months leading up to February. The following positions are available:
- Lead Coordinator: chairing our charity
- Fundraising Coordinator: exploring potential funding from organisations and the community
- Programme Coordinator: drafting programme copy and structure, keeping track of and pulling together event submissions and liaising with the programme designer
- Publicity Coordinator: getting our message out to the local and national press
- Social Media Coordinator: running our social media accounts and developing innovative ways to publicise our events
- Website Coordinator: managing our website including its overall structure, design and content
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you! All positions are open to both LGBT+ people and allies, and all can be shared between more than one person.
Our AGM will take place on Wednesday 19 April at 19.00 in DG/123, De Grey Building, York St John University. If you can’t make it but would still like to stand for a position – or if you’d like to discuss anything – please email our outgoing Lead Coordinator Kit.
Latest posts by Kit Heyam (see all)
- Update on Anne Lister’s plaque: please bear with us! - 13 August 2018
- Statement on Anne Lister’s rainbow plaque - 30 July 2018
- AGM location confirmed - 2 April 2017