York LGBT History Month is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services (website, social media, and events), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Our lawful reason for processing is consent.
York LGBT History Month may change this policy from time to time. The up-to-date policy will be available on our website and hard copies will be kept by the secretary. You should check the policy from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30 April 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as your address, postcode, preferences and interests
We do not store your data if you donate or purchase York LGBT History Month merchandise or event tickets – this is done through PayPal. PayPal is General Data Protection Regulation ready.
If you access one of our services, we may share this information with another organisation owing to specific legislation. This will be made clear to you depending on the service you access (e.g room bookings).
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information we collect about you to help us with understanding what you might be interested in, so we can send you communications that may be of interest to you either electronically or otherwise. In particular, we use the information for:
- internal record keeping
- improving our services
- sending communications about York LGBT History Month news and events or other information that we think you may find interesting
- from time to time, to contact you for research purposes
- if accessing one of services which is externally funded we may use some of the information you have provided for reports
York LGBT History Month uses PayPal and fundraising platforms to process regular donations and card payments. When making a donation to us or signing up as a regular supporter, York LGBT History Month collects the data you provide to acknowledge your donation; we do not pass any information on to any third party organisation. We do not store any of the payment card details provided when you make a payment with York LGBT History Month.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
If you are 13 or under, you should get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to York LGBT History Month. We will contact and meet with your parent/guardian for proof that they are your parent/guardian.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website/paper, look for the box that you can check to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- the form(s) will also allow you to indicate how you would like to be contacted (via email, telephone or post)
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you please email email@example.com. We will contact you and ask for verifying details to confirm that it is you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.