Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- make our website work as you’d expect
- remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions (we don’t sell anything)
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our cookies
Website function cookies
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
So you can easily “like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor statistics cookies
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however may limit the functionality of a large proportion of the world’s websites including ours as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so-called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.